Two of my fellow weight-loss bloggers from Grace Got Healthy and Trying Not to be Fat posted about their Salad-a-Day challenge, and I decided to take part for a couple reasons. 1) My blog has been really lame lately, and this will give me something to start posting about again… and 2) Although I know salads are good for me (the home made kind, at least), I rarely take the time to make a good salad. Now I have some motivation!
The challenge started today, and here are the rules:
- 1 salad as a meal, either lunch or dinner.
- Salad must contain some form of protein, and good fats either via nuts/seeds or oils.
- Get creative! Add dried fruit, berries, croutons, cheese, anything you fancy that day.
- If you’re not very creative, check my (Trying Not to be Fat) facebook page for inspiration, I tend to post a lot of salads from work there.
- If you can make your own dressings, please do! If not, make sure you go buy more than one type to avoid getting bored.
- Make sure it’s BIG. 2 cups of mixed greens are only about 30 calories. You can go big with veggies, and you’ll need to in order to stay full.
Well, today’s a crazy day so my salad was not creative at all. I only had time to make my good ol’ (boring, but pretty good) standby — lettuce with cucumbers and cottage cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Tomorrow will be better… I promise!